Location: Manchester City Centre
Salary: Up to £26k
Hours: Full Time
We know times are strange at the moment in the hospitality world which is why recruiting the right person for the role is critical. After a successful launch last year, we’ve been thrown into unchartered territory but are delighted to be able to bring on board a Bar Manager to lead, motivate and inspire the team.
Three Little Words opened in September 2019 and is set within The Spirit of Manchester Distillery in 6 stunning Grade 2* listed railway arches in the city centre. It’s where every single drop of Manchester Gin is made.
Our menus are innovative and ever-changing and focus on the products that we distil and bottle on the premises. We celebrate and champion other local producers and focus on seasonal ingredients, quality drinks and excellent customer service from an enthusiastic and engaged team.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Taking full ownership of the bar and it’s team including; training, evaluating service standards and generally driving passion to ensure we deliver an unrivalled customer experience
- Completing weekly stock takes, ensuring we are meeting set targets, controlling stock and minimising wastage
- Organising and (where applicable, delivering) regular training and incentives for the staff
- Developing and crafting seasonal cocktail changes/specials and working with the head Chef to develop event ideas
- Ensuring that administrative activities (i.e. daily paperwork, cash ups) are completed, compiled and checked for accuracy, and reported on where necessary
- General opening and closing duties to ensure compliance and quality assurance of standards are maintained
- Controlling costs without compromising standards and customer experience
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a proven track record of managing exceptional service within a fast-paced bar environment
- Come from a premium cocktail-led background, focused on quality drinks and service
- Can clearly demonstrate experience in managing and fully controlling bar stock with confidence
- Be calm under pressure and be able to resolve issues / problems quickly using logic and initiative
- Lead by example and be highly communicative – make sure your team are behind you and all pulling together.
- Understand the importance of all relevant H&S and licensing legislation with full awareness of the implications that these have on the operation of the venue
- Have good financial / commercial understanding
- Be able to inspire, lead and build a strong team culture
- Have a passion for hospitality, food and drink
- Be a confident, professional and welcoming personality with a positive, can-do attitude
- We believe in nurturing and developing our team members and instilling a family culture that makes you want to come to work. If you’d like to be part of our team, email us a CV and Covering Letter at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us why you want to work for us.
Applications close: 31st August 2020